Welcome! Thank you for visiting my website.
I’m a book lover—printed books, online books, and handmade books. I’ve been a designer, writer, and editor of many types of books from technical guides to literary anthologies.
After a career as a technical and instructional writer, I started my own writing and editing business, Pine Siskin Press. I’ve created websites for other writers, provided copyediting, and created New England Memories—an online literary magazine.
When I’m not writing, I’m photographing the wonders of nature, making arts and crafts, or bringing stacks of books home from my town library. I hope you will join me on these creative adventures by visiting my Creative Space blog.
I live in the beautiful Monadnock region of New Hampshire with my husband Bob.
Writing & Editing Experience
- Founder of Pine Siskin Press and publisher of New England Memories—an online magazine of prose, poetry, and artwork
- Co-founder and editor of Smoky Quartz, a literary journal sponsored by the Monadnock Writers’ Group
- Poetry editor and contributing photographer for Shadow and Light—A Literary Anthology on Memory, published by the Monadnock Writers’ Group
- Professional writer with more than 25 years experience creating publications for businesses and nonprofits: teacher’s guides, student guides, software guides, newsletters, brochures, and more
- Florence Rideout Elementary School, Title I language arts tutor, Wilton, New Hampshire
- Temple Community Preschool, teacher’s aide, Temple, New Hampshire
- Head Start program, teacher’s aide, Rivier College, Nashua, New Hampshire
Professional Association Memberships
- Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators
- Monadnock Writers’ Group
- New Hampshire Writers’ Project
- Poetry Society of New Hampshire
- Certificate in Creative Writing, Writers’ Program, UCLA Extension Online
- M.Ed. Educational Studies, Rivier University, Nashua, New Hampshire
- M.S. Technical Writing, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York
- B.S. Human Services, Fitchburg State University, Fitchburg, Massachusetts